June 21, 2008

Bendix Bambina Compact Top Loading Front Load Washing Machine

+++SOLD+++


For Sale: This is a unique and very good quality Bendix Bambina Compact "Top Loading" Front Load Washing Machine.

This is a unique and very compact washing machine, while still providing a full 5kg washing load. As you can see its not that much wider than a standard tennis racket!



This washing machine provides the advantages of a front and top loader combined. The BENDIX Bambina TL 843 X has a drum, like a front loader, but you load and unload it from the top, so you don't have to squat or bend down. If you have limited space for a washing machine (in the bathroom, say), this BENDIX is a very good choice. It's about 20 cm narrower than other machines of similar capacity.

.

Its energy and water efficiency are comparable to other front loaders,which usually rank higher than top loaders. While it's not as gentle on clothes as the front loaders, it still beats most top loaders in this respect.



The controls are simple to use and designed like the rest of the machine to last a lifetime. The build quality is excellent, which makes it much heavier than its small size suggests.

Costing in excess of $1200 when purchased 6 years ago, this machine has not been heavily used and was in storage for much of this time. It is in excellent condition, just a few bumps and scratches from the last removalists (don't you love them) but functionally its as good as the day it was purchased and should give many years of faithful service into the future.

Save water, energy and space with this unique machine.

10 comments:

Leonie said...

Scott, is this machine still for sale?

Scotto said...

Yes it is. I've actually never got round to promoting this site, so its lucky you found it. :)
It is still in storage in the shed. If you are interested drop me a comment with your email address (I won't publish the comment) and I will email you.

Thanks. :)

Unknown said...

Hi Scott,
I was wondering if you have the manual for this one. I just moved into an apartment (renting) and the manual cannot be found. Tried to use it this morning; but didn't work well.
If you would be kind to scan a couple of pages so i know how to use it?
thanks! :)

Scotto said...

It will be in a box somewhere.... I will have a dig around for it. :-)

Unknown said...

Hi Scott
I was wondering if you might still be familiar with the machine and could help me out.
The problem i have with it is that it doesn't spin dry properly - after the wash, the clothes at the bottom of the washer is still dripping wet.
i turn on the power button to the right; then start at No. 10 and it finishes in the middle of No. 13 and 14. I tried to turn the dial back to 13 after it finishes with the wet clothes, thinking that 13 to 14 is spin dry - but that didn't help with the spin drying.
Is this something you know?
thanks! :)

Luds said...

Have you sold this washing machine, i have the same, LOVE it and it needs replacement. Thanks for confirming.

Scotto said...

Sorry, yes its sold and gone to a happy new home.

Anonymous said...

Hello! It's a long shot, but I've just purchased an identical machine and wonder if you ever found that user manual... It's proving very difficult to google one up. Any assistance would be appreciated - if possible! Cheers, Ra.

Unknown said...

Hi there I just picked up one of these and can't figure out how to use it, I've scalded all the dye out of an item of clothing, can only seem to get it to go properly from 8 to 14? Can't find any online manuals, only this blog. Do you remember how to use it at all? Would really love some advice...

Scotto said...

To those still posting here, sorry I'm not really monitoring this at all after all these years. I'm really surprised it still gets read actually! I'm sorry to say I don't have the manual any more, never did find it after the move. So I can't help much. I remember it wasn't the easiest machine to use, but I somehow bumbled through. There was some user instructions on the underside of the lid if I remember correctly.. :-)